Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Light blue denim shirt


I have been looking around for a nice light blue denim to make a pair of jeans, but as I wrote earlier, the big jeans manufacturing companies probably have kind of a monopoly on the fabrics. No denim for pants to my liking to be traced in shops or on markets.

However, my partner came home with two meters of a softer kind of light blue denim, just fine to be processed into a shirt.

Above is what I made last week.. The model has small side parts on front and back parts, like in next picture. The folds are there because the side parts will provide a better fitting.


As the picture also demonstrates, the placket shows the selvedge of the fabric (if that is the correct expression for the fraying edge of the fabric). I also used this effect for the edge of the pocket.

Don'tt know if ultimately I will stay with this gadget, but so far it was fun to do.


Above picture shows how the shirt looks like with the collar fixed, but still without buttons. 

To fix the button holes I use a small device that can be installed on the machine, which makes it easy to indicate the right size of the button hole, in this case two cm


This kind of soft denim is a very nice fabric to work with.  Now I do hope one day I come along a produce that will be suitable for jeans.





No comments:

Post a Comment