Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Birdies shirt


Last december with all  that snow around, my partner and I went to take a look at Amsterdam's Ikea store. Just to look around and see if there was anything new. Apparently, many more people had got the same idea, it was rather busy, a lot of visitors, many couples with kids...we had'nt realised.it was christmas holiday.....

There is a department with fabrics. mainly for curtains. And from old they have that cheap cotton fabric that is sold under the name bomul. I would not recommend to use it for decorating your windows.

However, would it be possible to make a shirt from this fabric?

I decided to give it a try and bought some two meters.



And they also had a designed fabric, soft cotton, with all kinds of birdies on it, a new item in the collection that probably just will be available for some period (to be used for curtains in children's rooms?)

What about decorating the shirt with some birdies, just to feature spring, if hopefully it comes within some months from now. I decide to give this a try too.

The result is funny, I think.


I was wondering how the shirt would feel when wearing it. Well, it's softer than I first had imagined, actually I did like the feel of the fabric.

So that's fine, and who knows what the feel and the look will be after washing the shirt a number of times.

Just in case the birdies need some hiding, I'll combine the shirt with a jacket. 

 

So far I am rather happy with the result of my Do-It-Yourself activities with IKEA items  Wholly  in the spirit of the multinational from Smaland.

Let spring come!

No comments:

Post a Comment