Monday, January 14, 2013

A dark blue checkered shirt





The lady selling fabrics at the market, said that a dark blue checkered fabric, that looked fine to process into a garment, had worsted wool in it. Worsted wool,.... sounds fine....


Maybe suitable to make trousers ?

Once at home, and discussing this with friends, rather soon it could be concluded the material would be too thin for pants. Making a shirt would be a much better option. So a shirt it would be.



While at work, my partner made some pictures of me working on construction, above and below probably when I just had combined front and back parts and had to press the outfit in so far as finished.

Lots of pressing is the key to successful do it yourself tailoring.



On the picture below I am doing something with the collar, but, really, I have no idea what....

The image shows no overwrought situation, so obviously there was no problem to rectify



And you know, when doing collars, problems can easily arise. Setting a collar in a shirt does not just happen.


For now, let's present the shirt as finally ready




I must say: a shirt processed with worsted wool, is very nice to wear in wintertime.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you learned a lot of things here. You can also check some blogsin this website wholesale steve madden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really well written and instructional blog. I will definitely try out making a shirt of my own and give you my feedback. My guess is that the hardest part in the collar. Thank you for putting in the time and sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete