Sunday, June 24, 2012

Lightweight pants for summer


It was still cold outside, around february this year, and I made a walk to one of my favourite markets in Amsterdam, the Dappermarkt. It is in the eastern part of the city, not as well known as the Albert Cuyp market, but the range of articles offered is just as varied and the people around represent a cross section of this district of the city.

There will always be some vendors who sell fabrics at a fair price. My favourite one had a roll of lightweight cotton, kind of écru with stripes, as in the pictures, just right for summer trousers..


I bought some three meters for less than ten euro's. Enough material to make a pair of trousers for myself AND to make another much much smaller one for my grandson.

But oops, I forgot to make pictures of the mini model, and meanwhile it is already part of grandsons wardrobe.


However, we both so far haven't worn these trousers, me not because it's not yet really summer, he not because it is a bit oversized for his age since, let's say, I have been making it on the growth....(eh, the truth is I used a much too large dummy as an example....)

Here is a picture, made in july 2012, showing how the trousers look when worn:


(The shirt is the light blue, soft cotton one,  nowadays not so light blue anymore....)

No comments:

Post a Comment