Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A blue-gray checkered flanel shirt


Spring is coming, as the flowerpot with blossoming spanish daisies on our terrace indicates.

However, compared with months of may in former years, this one in 2012 is rather cold. So I am glad to have this checkered flanel shirt, which I sewed last autumn.

The fabric comes from a shop on Texel, one of the dutch isles in the Wadden Sea in the northern part of the country.

My partner and I stayed there late september last year for a short off-season holiday. It  was misty, windy and cold, but we loved  the ambiance and had a wonderful time.



Flanel is a fabric that is rather pleasant to wear on days hallfway through winter and spring.

Next, two pictures of the shirt on a mannequin, with and without a gilet.





For this shirt I once more used the pattern I always use when making shirts

Oh, and although the lady who sold me the fabric told me to be careful cutting it in a double layer, this produced no specific problem at all, like sewing this soft-touch material caused no problem either..

No comments:

Post a Comment