Friday, August 26, 2011

A light grey denim jacket


Recently I made dark blue denim pants and I thought it would be nice to combine these with a denim jacket.

Since it's not so easy to find a compatible denim fabric, I was lucky to come along this light grey one.

The jacket I made has the same pattern as the one I presented here about a year ago, made from a shiny leather-looking fabric (from the market in Ridderkerk).

So the two front sides each have four parts, a horizontal top one and three vertical lower ones.with an inside pocket in the seam connecting the upper and the lower parts.
 

The same goes for the backside, in a different arrangement of course and obviously without pockets in the horizontal seam.

The photo's depicting my new jacket have been made with a special lens, through which a soft focus effect is achieved. Quite different, eh?



This jacket has an invisible special feature: inside pockets.

I made them from a strip of fabric which is fixed by stitching it together with the seam of the placket, the seam of the belt and the side seam, dividing the whole into two parts by topstitching through one of the vertical seams.

This provides a lot of room to store stuff, which you should not do of course, unless you want to spoil the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment