Saturday, August 13, 2011

Dark blue denim pants (the buttons)

 

In an earlier post of february 2011 I complained that I had problems in coming along a nice blue denim fabric. So I was rather happy when strolling the friday market of Amstelveen, a city adjacent to Amsterdam, I came along a seller who had a small quantity of dark blue denim in stock.

I made a pair of jeans from this fabric, using the pattern I have described before, so I will not elaborate on this here.


Here I just would like to show the nice buttons I applied to this sewing.

For the fly I used jeans buttons with kind of a rose centerpiece, items that are not visible from the outside, however, so it's only me who knows about them (and those few people who happen to read this, of course)
 

And for the backside pockets I had some very nice shining jeans buttons, which certainly can be noticed by people around, if they would care to be interested in taking notice of such items, quod non, generally speaking.



Maybe this is just the appropriate moment to make a referral to a colleague blogger from New York, who writes about sewing men's wear and who wrote kind of tutorial how to sew a pair of jeans. The blog is called Male Pattern Boldness and the series starts at May 2, 2011. Take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment