Sunday, August 29, 2010

A "western" blouse, the parts

 checkered blue cotton


This is the checkered blue light cotton fabric from the shop in Volendam, I referred to in a former post.


The idea is to manufacure kind of a western blouse from this material. Checkered fabrics are due to be trendy this fall, so why should'nt I jump the bandwagon...


In general, I am not very much in favor of checkered fabric, but one is never too old to give it a try. And light blue is one of my favourite colours. So....


I will use two colours of yarn,  a light blue one for stitching together the different parts and a grey one for making some decorative stitchings.


And what about the buttons?


Buttons in "western" shirts will have kind of a white, shining core in a metal like setting. I prefer something different, like these ones:


 the button to be used on this kind of fabric


I think these look very special, in combination with the colours and pattern of the fabric.


Here is what they look like from the back side. Buttons with incisions...(for less than 1 euro each, don't understand how one can produce it for this price):




OK. These are the parts. When combined correctly, these should produce kind of a "western" blouse.


Let's wait and see. (Can't wait? Look here)

No comments:

Post a Comment