Sunday, August 22, 2010

A light blue shirt from a soft cotton fabric, with inwoven embroidery


The shirt above is also pictured in the header of this weblog. It's a shirt for summer time. 


I came along this fabric one day, crossing the Dappermarkt (Dapper Market) in Amsterdam, on my way home. This market is a rather casual one. It is in the eastern part of Amsterdam, where cultural diversity is standard, since this part of the city was build, from around 1900 on.


So, nowadays you will have stalls with fabrics, that will satisfy all types of clients, irrespective of where their family backgrounds are located.


When I saw this light blue fabric, I just thought it would be fine to use it to manufacture a summer shirt.


So that's what I did.




On the shoulder the shirt has a yoke (a schouderpas in dutch). Such a yoke is essential in men's shirts, to provide better fitting of front and back parts: these parts "hang" on the yoke, so said.


Under the arm holes this model  has two side parts along the side seam (can't be seen on the pics),


The shirt has no patched pocket. It might have a decorative function, but in this case I prefer to express the decorative aspect in the buttons and the button holes. So I fixed light blue button holes combined with mixed yellow buttons.


Like summer: sun, sand, blue sea....

No comments:

Post a Comment