Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Striped pants, unconventional fabric


These striped pants I made from a fabric that could be found in the department of the store where fabrics for curtains were displayed.  It is a flexibel material, which in terms of comfort of wearing can not be distinguished from more convential materials for trousers, like denim.

Never hesitate to undertake an experiment.



I followed the pattern of a classic pair of jeans, five pocket variant. 

The money pocket has been made from a black corduroy fabric, as are the flaps on the back pockets.


I also provided some decorative stitching with a red yarn. 


Experiment succeeded.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! They are so nice!

    Why can something like this not be bought in a shop?

    I would be the first costumer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your superb stripey trousers whilst searching for some to buy. Most high street shops are really lacking in creative options for men's clothing whilst girls get all the fun! Having just bought a new sewing machine you might just have inspired me to try making my own. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete