Friday, April 1, 2011

Corduroy pants


Beige corduroy pants....a good idea or what?

Corduroy can be dangerous for pants beacuse some colors and cuttings come close to what is worn by some guys I do not want to be associated with (who also drive the wrong cars, tell the wrong jokes, and frequent the wrong pubs).

Nevertheless, when I came along this fabric I just had to give it a try, and here is the result.

This one has side pockets and the back side has patched pockets with a flap.



As I said in an earlier post I don't like a fly with a zipper. I prefer the construct with buttons, which can be made rather easily.


A small strip of some 3,5 cm is sewn to the top left side of the right leg. 
On this strip the buttons will be sewn

 
The buttonholes are made in another strip, which has the same size.
This one will be sewn to the top right side of the left leg.



You need some technics to do this in the correct way, 
and stitching should be done from the good side of the fabric 
and with a nice curve at the lower end of the stitching

But the result may be fine

So far I feel happy with my new pants. We'll have some sun this weekend,  so I'll put them on, go to the correct pubs, make correct jokes and drive my (obviously correct)  car.


No comments:

Post a Comment